Monday, April 04, 2011

The Greek's Tragedy...

It's easy to put a blame on Kyrgiakos over the lost to West Brom at the Hawthorns over the weekend. Well, both goals seem to be the Greek's blunders, failing on both occasions to deal with the hardworking Baggies front-liner.

Yeah, from the very first 25mins, we seem dooms with the injuries both Johnson & Agger. But we didn't loose the game because we lost the two players or Kyrgiakos's blunders. I would say, in my opinion, we lost because West Brom is a better team.. they seem hungrier and their players really work hard. Credits to them.

I guess it's time to admit we don't have a good linkage between the defence and midfield, and midfield with strikers. Many teams said they want to play like Barcelona, with an organised set-up & creative midfielders.. I don't expect us to play like that if our lineup are the likes of Lucas, Spearing & Meireles. Hell NO!.. If Dalglish is to depend on these three, I guess we are going no where next season. 

Of course, Lucas is never my favourite since the day he became a Liverpool's player. Not that he is not Brazillian enough, but they way he played. He is too slow to react, mind alone his creative play. I couldn't understand people keeps talking about his passing ability and his stats on completed passes. That's a total rubbish. And I still couldn't understand despite his lacking, he survived three managers. And lately, his contract extension really disappoint me, unless he really show some improvement under Dalglish!

Now, we lost another 3 points. Should we won we might have closing the gap with Spurs by 2 points. Nevertheless, Carragher was trying to be positive saying the fight is not over yet. Of course mathematically, it's still possible for us to be to there. Though it's difficult, I would like to see the players to work harder even if they have to miss the Euro next season.

No comments: